A Lake Havasu Original
Honoring our local history and named for the Mohave word meaning “blue water,” Lake Havasu dates to the creation of the Parker Dam in 1933.
In the early 1960s, boating mogul Robert McCulloch, Sr. arrived at the lake in search of a test location for his company’s outboard motors. His 3,500-acre peninsular purchase – now known as “the island” – soon led to an additional 26-mile area, plans for community development, and the birth of McCulloch International Airlines and the Lake Havasu Hotel, designed to elegantly accommodate prospective clients.
In 1964, McCulloch opened the original Nautical Inn, with just 16 rooms, a cocktail lounge, and a 180-seat dining room overlooking Thompson Bay. Over the next several years, the hotel expanded to accommodate the Bay Rooms, Cove Suites, the Commodore, and Captain Suites.
Today, The Nautical Beachfront Resort is a one-stop destination and Arizona’s only beachfront resort for leisure, business and group travelers. Make history and enjoy a memorable stay: recreational activities, sandy beaches, an on-site water park, the renowned Turtle Grille Restaurant and Turtle Beach Bar, and WET, our infinity-edge pool.